The first of three presidential debates beings at 8pm CST tonight. I pretty much consider that required viewing, even though this one will be pretty tame. Bush’s handlers laid down a massive list of requirements that had to be met for it to happen in the first place.
No risers, no candidate to candidate questions, no acknowledging audience members, candidates can’t approach each other, etc. etc. The only upshot is that the networks have refused to give into the demand that the camera not show the listening candidate when the other is speaking.
But……we’ve figured out a way to make these debates a lot more fun. It’s the Transbuddha Presidential Debate Drinking Game! Not only will you get a marginal feeling of participation in what has become a closed system, you can bond with your fellow Americans by celebrating GW’s youth!
- Everytime a candidate says “Freedom” : one shot.
- If a candidate says “They hate our freedom” : two shots
- When Vietnam, swift boat, or the National Guard is mentioned: one shot
- Bush smirks: one shot
- Mispronunciation of the word Nuclear: one shot
- A candidate says “uh”: one shot.
- Kerry finishes his alloted time without completing a point: one shot
- Bush embarasses our nation with random strings of words: one shot
- A candidate invokes God: one shot and punch yourself in the crotch.
- And finally: John McCain comes on stage and puts a lead one in Bush’s forehead ending our long national nightmare: The whole damn bottle.
Feel free to add your own!