Man Cancels Trip to Sri Lanka, Avoids Tsunami. Dies In Avalanche

by Souped_up_on_Jihad on January 24, 2005 · 9 comments

in News

So, you think you can cheat death? Well, a man from San Mateo, Califronia thought he could. This article tells the story of man who changed his travel plans at the last minute, avoiding disaster at the hands of a tsunami in Sri Lanka.But, as the story tells, the man did not avoid disaster. After making a wise decision to avoid the Asian tsunami, the bay area man chose to go snowboarding, and was killed in an avalanche.

1 mrcookieface January 24, 2005 at 11:37 pm

That just goes to show:

When the Grim Reaper has you on his to-do list, he’s gonna get you no matter where you are.

2 Davion January 24, 2005 at 11:41 pm

Very Cosmic.

3 Cananopie January 24, 2005 at 11:45 pm

Oh no. Horrible high budget horror films are coming true!

Final Destination 3 is in the making!

4 The Good Reverend January 25, 2005 at 2:37 am

damn.  I clicked on Comments with my Final Destination 3 joke in hand, but you had beaten me to it. smile

5 .alphamonkey. January 25, 2005 at 2:52 am

The sad thing is that Final Destination 3 *IS* being made.  We’re doomed, I tell you! Dooooooomed!

6 Shadow Stalker January 25, 2005 at 12:50 am

What kind of an asshole goes, “Wow, I was so lucky to narrowly avoid a horrible tragedy that has touched millions.  I’ve gotta take my luck and hit that wicked powder.” If only he’d taken the drive to Vegas, he’d be passed out in a pool of his own urine under a dirty Vegas hooker right now.

7 The Good Reverend January 25, 2005 at 2:39 am

Sometimes some snacks and a warm toddy at the Summit Restaurant between double diamond mogul runs is the only real cure for the grief he was obviously feeling.

8 The Good Reverend January 25, 2005 at 11:13 am

I would hand over my life savings ($3.65, half a pack of gum, and a coupon for a free McDonald’s small fries) to have known what this guy’s final thoughts were as he saw Mother Nature barreling down on him.  I imagine, amongst the terror, he had to be thinking, “You have GOT to be fucking kidding me.”

9 Shadow Stalker January 25, 2005 at 5:14 pm

I bet there was someone who cancelled his snowboarding vacation to take a job in Thailand, thus missing the avalanche and catching the tsunami.