Speaking of fish…

by The Good Reverend on January 13, 2005 · 9 comments

in Audio Visual,Sci-Tech

Yes, I am aware that a killer whale is not a fish, but segues are supposed to be strained, so bear with me.

I have a soft spot for animals, but I just can’t help finding this a really cool “experiment”.  Does that make me a bad person?  No?  How about the gaggle of dead hookers in my basement?  (Note to Orwellian FBI web-sniffer programs – I don’t really have dead hookers in my basement… they are all alive and well…. goddammit, off-topic again.)

Goldfish: “What the hell?  Nothing good can come of this..”

1 mrcookieface January 13, 2005 at 7:24 pm

Great find.  I loved some of the other movies on that site.  I’ve been watching them all afternoon.

2 olivesmarch4th January 13, 2005 at 9:49 pm

Wow.  I find that so disturbing.  Seriously.  I can’t see the merit of deliberately causing something to suffer, even if it is “just” a fish.

3 .alphamonkey. January 13, 2005 at 10:01 pm

Yah…. I don’t know about that one. I’m all for fishing, so obviously I’m not super keen on being nice to fishies…but that’s just hard to watch. I kept thinking about it being a person in a room filling with water.

4 The Good Reverend January 13, 2005 at 10:49 pm

Would it help if I were to inform you that the goldfish was a reincarnated Nazi SS officer?  I thought so.. enjoy.

5 Shadow Stalker January 13, 2005 at 11:29 pm

I had totally forgotten that URL.  Thanks.

6 Haserhud January 14, 2005 at 12:34 am

Did you see the one with the rat? This isn’t art, and it isn’t clever, it’s bullshit trying to be different.  That’s all.

7 The Good Reverend January 14, 2005 at 5:41 pm

Now I agree that it’s not art.  But come on – jump-starting a fish with a battery is pretty fucking clever.

8 Captain Seafart January 20, 2005 at 1:57 am

I don’t appreciate the method, but I do see what they are trying to convey. However, I do not think it is artwork in the broadest sense of the term.

I just cannot condone what they did. I don’t enjoy watching a creature struggle and be helpless.

9 dragonslayer March 25, 2005 at 4:37 pm

I feel like I just lost a chunk of my life since I had to manually search for this.  Tremendous search capability on the buddha today.