Too Freakin’ Cool

by alphamonkey on January 21, 2005 · 12 comments

in Announcements,News,Sci-Tech

Thundarr want!

This is the new Mac Mini, for $499.  The entire computer in the palm of your hand!  Damn cool if ya’ ask me!

1 fealty2dahriyah January 21, 2005 at 4:09 pm

don’t we call those laptops??? well I guess we would if it had a monitor and keyboard.

2 Thundarr January 21, 2005 at 4:40 pm

Except it’s $499!!  And a mac!!  And weighs less than 3 lbs.  And is made for heavy and continuous use, unlike laptops/notebooks.

Thundarr need!

3 Shadow Stalker January 21, 2005 at 5:59 pm

Apple strikes again!  Do they even know how to make a product not designed to screw their users?  This isn’t a deal.  After you buy a monitor, USB keyboard, and mouse you’re back up to $1000.  They should have included an S-video connection, because this is just a Mac version of WebTV.

I do like the idea of using it as a secondary system with a KVM switch, but those are around $100.  If BlueTooth was what it should have been, this would be a good system to stick in a closet while you carry your interface with you.

4 Thundarr January 21, 2005 at 6:26 pm

But everybody’s already got a keyboard, mouse, and monitor from their old system.  That’s one thing I’m finally glad computer companies have started to realize, when replacing a the hard drive portion of a computer you don’t necessarily need a second (mouse, keyboard, etc.)

5 Shadow Stalker January 21, 2005 at 7:03 pm

This is an entry-level or secondary system, and most people don’t have digital monitors (I think, I haven’t monitor shopped in awhile).  I do applaud Apple for trying to hit a wider range of price points, but it’s not a deal by any means.

6 .alphamonkey. January 21, 2005 at 6:07 pm

Why not just buy an Xbox and a PS2? That way, you’d have something to run on them at least.

Why would Apple want to tone down the only thing they have going for them, superior high end products?

7 fealty2dahriyah January 21, 2005 at 6:22 pm

didn’t they do this 5 years ago w/ the CUBE and Imac? hell at least the Imac had a monitor.

8 Thundarr January 21, 2005 at 6:29 pm

The new Imacs look cool too, all the computery stuff (so what if it’s not a word?) are in the sides and back of the LCD monitor, the mouse and keyboard just plug into the bottom and sides of the monitor and the CD/DVD drive is inside the side of the monitor, you can find it on the same link.  Pretty sweet.

9 Davion January 21, 2005 at 7:10 pm

wasn’t this posted on the buddha sister site dhadm.com?

10 .alphamonkey. January 21, 2005 at 7:30 pm

It sure was, Blatant Plug Boy!

11 PEPÉ January 22, 2005 at 5:37 pm

I love my mac. I like that one as well. I don’t miss my old PC

12 fealty2dahriyah January 24, 2005 at 2:36 pm

mac’s are great… when they arnt pumping out fucktons of shit products like this.