We’ve studiously avoided doing list posts, but I like this meme that’s going about and it gives us a chance to learn a little bit more about each other.
So here’s the game: Open up your media player of choice, queue up your entire digital music library and hit random play. What are the first 10 titles to come up? List ‘em in the comments but no selective editing! No matter how embarassing you think a song might be, keep it honest. Sometimes those goofy indulgence songs bring us all together.
Here’s my 10:
1. Elvis Costello and the Attractions: B-Movie (Can’t go wrong with Costello.)
2. Cornelius : The Fight (Yes, I own the Heroes & Villans: Powerpuff Girls Soundtrack. Deal with it, hipsters.)
3. Nicolai Dunger: I’d Rather Die (wow..I was really happy that came up…I love love love this song.)
4. Everly Brothers: Walk Right Back (Holy crap! Winamp, you’re the best!)
5. Silver Convention: Fly, Robin, Fly (Oh 70’s box set…why is you so good?)
6. Johhny Cash: Folsom Prison Blues – Live from San Quentin (This is eerie….I think Winamp is reading my mind)
7. Uncle Tupelo: Slate (Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.)
8. The Rolling Stones: I’m Alright. (Yea! Live Stones before teh suck set in!)
9. The Replacements: Can’t Hardly Wait. (Hmm….monkey needs a beer for this one. Here’s to you, Paul Westerberg!)
10. The Rolling Stones: Country Honk (Monkey…..is in heaven. I love you, Winamp!)
Wow. It took until about song 25 for me to find something that straddled the embarassing line. And believe me, there’s a lot of that stuff in my music folders. Oh well, maybe next time I’ll have to explain my Last Dragon Soundtrack and why I have The Starlight Vocal Band’s Afternoon Delight.