In a recent interview with Harry Knowles X-Men: First Class director Bryan Singer let a few facts slip about the next X-movie.
First the good news:
1. Expect similar costumes to the original team’s look.
2. Unexpectedly, the film will be an effective reboot returning the characters to their 60’s roots.
3. The film will focus on the relationship between Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Erik Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender) and the creation of the X-Men.
4. Kevin Bacon is indeed playing the Hellfire Club’s Sebastian Shaw with January Jones signed on as Emma Frost.
Now the bad:
1. The film will have little to nothing in common with the comic of the same name.
2. No Cyclops. No Jean Grey. No kidding.
3. But hey, we get Havok (Lucas Till) and Banshee (Caleb Landry Jones)?!
4. Professor X will walk…and have hair?